Signal Desktop Flatpak for aarch64/arm64 (source)
I no longer use Signal. Updates are untested and shipped automatically by CI.
To install system wide:
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists signal-arm https://elagost.com/flatpak/signal.flatpakrepo
sudo flatpak install signal-arm org.signal.Signal
To install for your user:
flatpak remote-add --user --if-not-exists signal-arm https://elagost.com/flatpak/signal.flatpakrepo
flatpak install --user signal-arm org.signal.Signal
You'll need Flathub repo for the runtimes.
This repo is signed by gitlab-runner@leb gpg key, FBEF43DC8C6BE9A7
Tips & Tricks
- Signal will be blurry on phosh (pinephone, Librem 5) becacuse of Xwayland scaling. To fix, run with wayland using these arguments: --use-gl=egl --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland. Signal must be opened at least once in X11/Xwayland first (just by clicking the launcher) first.
- To add the above to the launcher shortcut: copy /var/lib/flatpak/app/org.signal.Signal/current/active/files/share/applications/org.signal.Signal.desktop to ~/.local/share/applications/ and change the Exec line to this: Exec=flatpak run org.signal.Signal --use-gl=egl --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland
- Use the View menu item to zoom out a few times. It makes Signal much less cramped.
- Ctrl+Shift+c will close the current conversation and reduce idle CPU usage significantly.
- Notification sounds and mic/camera usage can be enabled in settings.
Contact me if you want to take over maintaining this! Or for bug reports etc.
Other repos on this server:
Testing repo: created automatically by github actions. It will break and is mostly just for me. Upon successful testing it is promoted to the main repo.
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists signal-ci https://elagost.com/flatpak/repo_signal_ci.flatpakrepo
Maintained by Adam Thiede. Hosted at OpenBSD Amsterdam. This costs money to host; if you would like to contribute money, donate to OpenBSD, FSF, or postmarketOS.